European markets end mostly higher
The prospect of a trade war between the US and China has put markets under pressure this week, and although there was some recovery today, it was by no means convincing. As well as continuing uncertainty over the effect of the proposed tariffs, oil prices were volatile ahead of this week’s Opec meeting. Meanwhile the pound edged a little higher after the UK government won a key Brexit vote. The final scores showed:
- The FTSE 100 finished up 23.55 points or 0.31% at 7627.40
- Germany’s Dax added 0.14% to 12,695.16
- France’s Cac closed down 0.34% at 5372.31
- Italy’s FTSE MIB added 0.16% to 22,120.58
- Spain’s Ibex ended up 0.34% to 9788.9
On Wall Street, the Dow Jones Industrial Average is currently down around 10 points or 0.05%.
On that note, it’s time to close for the day. Thanks for all your comments, and we’ll be back tomorrow.
Read More (...)