Apple is one of several companies in the running to buy Toshiba’s NAND memory unit, according to a report from the Korean Herald. Apple, Amazon, and Google, among others, are said to be involved in a bidding war for the business, which accounts for 20 percent of the NAND market.
Disney CEO Bob Iger positioned his company's acquisition of Fox's TV and movie businesses as a way for the company to prepare for a future in which streaming and direct-to-consumer dominate media consumption, on a conference call this morning to discuss the $52 billion deal.
- Bob Iger will remain Disney's chairman and CEO through the end of 2021.
- The Disney-Fox deal will give Disney more content when it launches its own streaming service.
- Netflix may lose more content, but the company has already made moves to create more of its own content.
Disney (DIS) is buying a huge chunk of 21st Century Fox (FOX) in a deal that promises to reshape the media industry and help the entertainment giant fend off digital rivals such as Netflix.
Walt Disney is close to confirming a deal to buy 21st Century Fox's entertainment assets for about $60bn, reports say.
The Justice Department's lawsuit to block AT&T's purchase of Time Warner has a trial date: March 19, 2018.
General Electric is to cut 12,000 jobs in its power business, 18% of the division's global workforce.
The media mogul previously had a 50-50 joint venture with the cable giant.
Aetna Inc’s board of directors approved the deal on Sunday, for approximately $207 per share in cash and stock.
The 100 employees will largely be drawn from advertising sales and business operations
Value of cryptocurrency up more than 1,000% so far this year
The deal is valued at $1.84 billion based on the offering price and number of shares of Time outstanding on Sept. 30.
AT&T has already signaled it will go to court if the deal is blocked, potentially setting up one of the biggest legal battles over a corporate merger in decades
It's all about cheap TVs, tablets and laptops during the electronics retailer's Black Friday sales, naturally.
Now it seems possible that the Justice Department and AT&T will end up battling each other in court.
CNN declined to comment on the potential sale.
- The Justice Department is demanding that AT&T sell Turner Broadcasting, which includes CNN, or sell DirecTV, for approval of the $85 billion merger with Time Warner.
- AT&T chairman and CEO Randall Stephenson said in a statement he has never offered to sell CNN, nor does he have any intention of doing so.
- President Trump has repeatedly criticized CNN as fake news on his social media Twitter account in the past year.
At a contentious meeting on Monday, the Department of Justice's antitrust chief gave AT&T a choice: If you want us to approve your purchase of Time Warner, either sell off CNN's parent unit or DirecTV. Otherwise, we'll see you in court.
You’ll find our picks for the 10 best deals in Best Buy’s big early Black Friday 2017 sale below.
Black Friday sales and deals.
Both companies have fought to take on the two biggest U.S. wireless carriers, AT&T and Verizon Wireless — and by teaming up would have represented a powerful No. 3 player in the mobile biz with more than 120 million customers total.