Join Now

Little boy dies from carbon monoxide poison leaking from the fridge after parents thought he had the flu

Sunday - 03/09/2017 22:40
Gavin Klebs was staying in a holiday cabin with his parents, Matt and Sarah, and sister Caroline, 8, in Alaska on August 20.
GETTY IMAGES
GETTY IMAGES

A 10-year-old boy has tragically died from carbon monoxide leaking from a faulty fridge, hours after his parents put him to bed believeing he had the flu.

Gavin Klebs was staying in a holiday cabin with his parents, Matt and Sarah, and sister Caroline, 8, in Alaska on August 20.

After the little boy started vomiting and his sister complained of a headache, their mother gave them medication and put them to bed.

Later that evening Sarah and Caroline were found unresponsive in their beds and Gavin had tragically passed away on the couch.

Gavin Klebs was staying in a holiday cabin with his parents and sister when he tragically died. Photo: Facebook
Gavin Klebs was staying in a holiday cabin with his parents and sister when he tragically died. Photo: Facebook

Mrs Kleb's eldest son Connor, 14, had opted to stay at a friend's house that weekend and they came to check on the family after they failed to pick him up, Alaska Dispatch News reported.

The gravely ill mother said she remembers being woken with her legs feeling like "rubber".

Investigators discovered the fridge in the cabin had a faulty gas bottle and was leaking poisonous carbon monoxide.

Both Sarah and Caroline had hyperbaric chamber oxygen treatment at a Seattle hospital and are recovering.

A friend has started a GoFundMe page to raise money for the family.

Gavin tragically died from the carbon monoxide leak and his mother and sister are recovering in hospital. Photo: GoFundMe
Gavin tragically died from the carbon monoxide leak and his mother and sister are recovering in hospital. Photo: GoFundMe

 

Source: Yahoo News:

Total notes of this article: 0 in 0 rating

Click on stars to rate this article

  Reader Comments

Newer articles

Older articles

Top
You did not use the site, Click here to remain logged. Timeout: 60 second