Michael Jackson’s first molestation accuser, Jordan Chandler, sought in $131 million sex-abuse lawsuit
Sunday - 09/07/2017 17:36
LAWYERS working on a $US100 million ($131 million) sex-abuse lawsuit against Michael Jackson’s former companies are on a global manhunt for the late singer’s first molestation accuser, in hopes of convincing him to testify.
ate singer’s first molestation accuser, in hopes of convincing him to testify.
New York Daily News reports investigators are searching the UK and other European countries trying to find Jordan Chandler, who received a $US20 million ($26 million) settlement after his father alleged that Chandler, then 13, had been molested by Jackson.
Lawyers for Wade Robson and Jimmy Safechuck, who were companions of Jackson as children, now claim that they were sexually abused by the pop star.
According to a source close to the case they believe that Chandler has left the US to avoid them.
“Wade and Jimmy want to look Jordie in the eye and talk to him about what they suffered,” said the source. “They feel that they may appeal to him to finally tell his story.”
Lead lawyer Vince Finaldi confirmed that investigators are searching for Chandler.
“He’s a key piece of the puzzle surrounding this case, and we’re not going to stop until we find him,” said Finaldi, whose team has tracked down dozens of former members of Jackson’s staff and entourage.
Robson alleges he was abused dozens of times by the pop star during trips.
The choreographer, 34, filed an amended complaint in September claiming that the Thriller singer and key staffers at his companies ran a “sophisticated child sexual abuse procurement and facilitation operation.”
He claims that staffers worked to arrange private meetings with young fans, covered their travel expenses and showered them with pricey gifts.
This story originally appeared on Fox News and has been republished here with permission.