Donald Trump reportedly considering strikes on North Korea’s nuclear sites
Sunday - 16/04/2017 20:15
NORTH Korea’s ballistic missile test may have failed because of sabotage from the United States, according to a former British foreign secretary.
Sir Malcolm Rifkind claims American intelligence has previously used cyber warfare tactics to successfully foil missile tests, and says there is a “strong belief” that Donald Trump’s administration was behind North Korea’s latest failed launch.
“It could have failed because the system is not competent enough to make it work, but there is a very strong belief that the US through cyber methods has been successful on several occasions in interrupting these sorts of tests and making them fail,” he said.
“But don’t get too excited by that, they’ve also had quite a lot of successful tests.
“They are an advanced country when it comes to their nuclear weapons program. That still remains a fact — a hard fact.”
Meanwhile, Mr Trump is considering “utterly destroying” Kim Jong-un’s nuclear sites, according to one of the President’s closest military advisers.
A source told British diplomats America could launch pre-emptive strikes and has the firepower to smash North Korea’s nuclear program.
Mr Trump wants to heap pressure on China by making it clear that the US will take military action against the secretive country.
The Times reported that senior sources said the American armed forces could “utterly destroy” North Korea’s key nuclear targets using conventional weapons.